Sunday, October 5, 2008

Chapter 2

At that moment our boss came around the corner.

“Ladies, is it possible to do it a little bit faster?”

He asked.

I looked at him angrily and showed him my taped hand.

“Yes, in a few minutes, when this is made!”

“How did you do that, Helen?”

“I have cut me with one of your glasses, could happen, right?”

Man, I was angry…

“Okay, hurry up and get everything right. Everything must be finished until the After-Show-Party starts. Maybe we need some staff over there!”

With that words my boss disappeared and when I was sure that he didn’t see me anymore, I stucked out my tongue.

A little later I could work again and polished the last glasses, before I went back to the bar.

As if God wanted it, they played “Dry County” on the radio.

It’s such a damn…

>No, don’t get upset Helen<

I thought and at that moment a guest came to the bar, to pay his bill.

After a short look on it, I smiled and said:

“8,20$ please”

“10”

“Thank you!”

I gave him the change and he was away, so I could concentrate on “Dry County” again.

One of my favourite songs.

I would have died, if I could have heard it in Coblenz.

The thoughts about the concert were back and I tried to pull myself together.

More guests came in to pay and I looked at the watch again and again.

When would the concert be over and when would the guys arrive here in the bar.
I tried to do the math on that one.

I was interrupted when another customer was standing at the bar.

It was a women, which I estimate around the end 30’s.

She had dark red hair and was nice from the first moment on.

I went over to here with a true smile and greeted her friendly.

She ordered a water and I allowed myself a Coke.

Because I had nothing to do at the moment and my boss would like to see it, if we’re talking to guests, I went over to her again.

“Isn’t there much to do today?”, she asked me.

“No, not really, unfortunately…”

“Isn’t it nice, if there is time for talking with guests?”

“Yey right, but… aah, it’s not so important… By the way, I’m Helen!”

“I’m Cat and what’s up with you?”

“Well I wanted to be on a concert tonight, in Coblenz, but I had to work, so…”

I replied.

“Is the concert on the Castle Square, where at this moment a blonde singer wiggles his ass?”

She asked me grinning.

I had to grin, too and nodded.

“On that concert I also wanted to be?”

My opposite sighed.

I looked at her astonished.

“You are also a Bon Jovi fan?”
She nodded proudly.

“So I’d like to say that we got a common topic to talk about. But why aren’t you on the concert?”

“I had to work, too”

“It’s a pity. But the band is here in the hotel”

I told her.

“So, you had seen the 4 nice Jersey-guys, right?”

I had to say no.

“Unfortunately not. Everyone thinks that it’s easy to meet them if you are employee in such an hotel, but it isn’t!”

“Oh, it’s a pity!”

Cat said.

We talked still a while about the music of Bon Jovi and we also swarmed.

Over this we forgot the time, until my boss came and gave me a push.

No comments: